More bits 'n' bobs

Here is another great example of me uploading images to Blogger then not actually writing the blog. So one year later, here we go.....

for 2019 I had a few jobs to do to rectify some issues I had found.
First up was the subframe mod I had made to get the old Ragged edge racing fairing to fit.
His was a copy of an FJ/K race fairing with a highly raked tail unit. Not a bad looking fairing at all but it wasn't a straight forward fit.
The sheet metal I had used was only ever meant to be temporary and needed something a bit stronger. I chose to make a box section U shape using the one bit of box I had already cut and drilled.
Two matching arms were then made and the ends cut int a sort of flap to rest on the cross piece I had previously welded in.
The finished job isn't too heavy and has survived a season so far so plenty strong enough to take the weight of my back side.


Uprated EBC discs and pads were a slightly more exciting bolt on modification.
EBC discs are a straight bolt in item and make a big difference over the 20 year old stock CBR600 F3 discs I currently had fitted.
HH sintered bronze pads are still hard to beat and can even make the two pot sliding Nissins feel fairily sharp. I wont pretend haling a VR750 up from full pelt at Donington parks esses is any less horrifying but I didn't go bouncing over the kerb into the gravel this year so things must be a fair bit better.

Another task was binning the fuse in a tube in favour of a contact breaker.
To do so required another little Ally bracket making and a bit of wiring but the end result looks a lot tidier.




Another planned job was to replace that mile long red brake line with something that actually fits.
As it turns out, the old RD250 front brake line was exactly the ticket. Yer a 75 degree rear banjo might be tidier but I plan to swap out the entire back brake system soon so no need to go spending more money just yet.

That was basically it for this winter build that hasn't been covered separately (well what I remember anyway) all in time to go racing which didn't go to badly I thought.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A real swinger

can't take the heat

Forking about